illustration Friday: Green



I've been thinking about birch trees since reading a beautiful story by Tony D'Souza called The Man Who Married a Tree (seek it out, read it and weep. it is published in McSweeney's Issue 20). Unfortunately birches are few and far between in Australia so I couldn't get a live model.



Whilst on the subject of green... this is a picture of regrowth after a massive bushfire that ripped through the Alpine National Park in Victoria in late 2006. The leaves and trunks are still obviously burnt but the green fuzz is all new foliage... so vivid. I took this 2 days ago whilst on a camping trip.

Comments

Very nice piece. Birch trees are unique. Thanks for your piece.
marcisenders said…
Great style!
Designing Fairy said…
Oh I love trees too. I love the design and style of your illo.
Nice work! I just watched "My Neighbor Totoro" which is partly about trees....
zime said…
OHH very nice illo...
emilayusof said…
Great work!!
Willie Baronet said…
very nice adi! :-)
Claire said…
This is beautiful mate. Lovely use of colour, layering, positive/negative. And great to hear about your inspiration too. You actually made me feel like reading something!
crybaby said…
very pretty missus.

i love your more retro pieces. they remind me of those great 50's serving plates.

Popular Posts