10 years ago comic meme




This posting is in response to being tagged by amber. (a little while ago, mind, i've been a little slack.) This was the general idea of what to do...

Back to basics comic meme

Draw a ten panel comic about what you were doing ten years ago. Put pen straight to paper - no pencil, no computer, no planning, no starting again if you make a mistake. Simply draw, scan, publish. Tag some people who you'd like to see do the meme too. Oh and if you want to do it even if you haven't been tagged you are most welcome!

To complete the circle I tag Claire, Sarah, Willie Baronet Anthony and Sarah Firth

Comments

Amber Carvan said…
This is so great Adi! I hadn't realised that you went to uni in Canberra... I did too though I had finished in 1994. I can relate to the sharehouse in Dickson scenario, the smoking, the uni newspapers - though I wrote for Woroni (no drawings) - and the chasing of inappropriate boys.

[sigh]

So much nostalgia. Lovely work!

Amber
Adam said…
hey adi - nice one indeed. I love the sandwiches and the records. And it's nice to know that that kind of cringeworthy sex rejection isn't exclusive to boys. not that i'm revelling in your discomfort!

I've added you to my list of co-memers.
ord said…
hey, you lived in Canberra 10 years ago as well!!!
Claire said…
Hey Lady Adi! Such a great project, many many wonderful interpretations, so happy to see you back in the world of blogs.

I loved this meme - perfect for me in my temporary hermit hidey hole. I got really excited about it as you can tell from my multiple posts at: http://atomic-blondie.blogspot.com/

My only problemo is that I don't have access to a scanner. I've taken some photos but they're a) crap + b) not opening properly.

If I mail my comic to you will you scan it for me?

c x
Claire said…
[I responded to your comment on my blog, but just in case you don't check in.]

Aw man... a meme challenge! Damn! Okay, but comics really ain't my thing so a little guidance might be in order?

Maybe:
--animals I've known
--weird shit I did when I was a kid
--things I loved when I was a kid
--ways I've embarrassed myself

Whaddaya reckon? Actually scrap the animal one. I can't draw animals, what was I thinking?

And PS: I never remember you turning down a smoke!
crybaby said…
oh my, i'd better pull my finger out.

s x
Andrei B said…
Love the first panel!

Popular Posts